Classes, Conferences & Apprenticeships
•Good Medicine Confluence - Durango, CO - May 16-20
•Rooted Apothecary Apprenticeship has its first weekend - May 25-27 - along with 5 more over the summer - check here for more info: http://www.rooted-apothecary.com/new-products/rooted-apothecary-apprenticeship
•Wild Foods Foraging @ Elderberry’s Farm in Paonia, CO- June 1-3
•Medicinal and Edible Plant Hike in Avon, CO at Walking Mountain Science Center - June 25th
•Crested Butte Wildflower Festival - July 6-15 - I am teaching an assortment of classes on Cocktailing into the Wild, Medicine Making at the Apothecary, and Medicinal Plant Walks, check out the program guide here: https://www.crestedbuttewildflowerfestival.com/2018-program-guide/
•Pairing Adventure: A Forager’s Amuse Bouche with the Crested Butte Wind & Food Festival: https://www.facebook.com/events/287129478542240/
• And I finally get to go back to Michigan to teach!! September 7-9 at Great Lakes Herb Faire: https://www.greatlakesherbfaire.org
Rooted Apothecary Apprenticeship
DAYS: Friday 3PM- 7PM + Saturday 2PM-6PM + Sunday 9AM-1PM
Pick and choose your weekends or sign up for all 6!
Identify & Gather - Create & Craft - Therapeutics & Energetics
DESCRIPTION: This is a hands-on working apprenticeship. It can be suited for any age or level of experience, from want-to-be foragers or the novice herbalist that would love to get their hands into concocting and blending wild plant matter for medicinal or culinary uses. We will be learning to identify local plants, as well as lessons on how to incorporate them into your lifestyle. Learn to safety incorporate wild edible plants into diet and how to make herbal medicines and skin-care remedies.
Learn the craft, from a small, hand-batched company that has established and loved products.
Cheap accommodations are available as well as free camping, more information provided upon request.
COST: Each weekend is $200.
· Choose up to 6 weekends throughout the summer to work in the apothecary making herbal remedies and studying medicinal plants in the wilds of the Rockies. Purchase all 6 weekends for a discounted price of $1,000 when paid in advance--which gives you a free weekend!
- Spend Friday afternoon outdoors, learning plants by common and Latin names, their medicinal or edible uses and ways to make use of them.
- Saturday afternoon will be spent in the apothecary preparing herbal remedies and product blending of the plants we learned the day before.
- Sunday morning we will discuss the energetics and uses of the plants we gathered. Learn how to use the plants as nourishing foods, medicines, for healing wounds, and illness.
***For dates and class descriptions click MORE INFO below.